Finchingfield Guildhall

Monday 14 November 2011

Windows

For the Guildhall group project, I have so far created a few parts of the building. Firstly I created the outline for the top and bottom floor, for which, the rest of the group weren't happy with the scale, so they took it upon themselves to remodel that part of the building.

I then took it upon myself to volunteer myself to create the windows, this was relatively simple to do, and I used a variety of different techniques to do this, the first windows I made were the simple square panel windows, for this I used a box. I then gave the box I created too many edges and therefore created more polygons than were necessary. The outcome was quite impressive though, but they could be better, I would really prefer them to be crerated in the same technique as the diamond panel style windows, but this can be changed at a later date if there is enough time to be picky with things.



This is the progress so far with the windows, The final image is just to show where the windows go, all of them are now fitted.


The diamond window was a lot simpler to do. This is the technique I will be using if needed in future and will redo the other windows in the building if time allows this. Firstly I created a plane, this was to be the glass panel, then instead of using a box and changing all the edges and keeping too many polys, I made a cylinder, then modified the edges so there were only three, this was to give the window a little depth. I then copied the shape a series of times and put them into a criss cross shape, this then created the shape of the window panels on the photographs. For the window frame, I made a small box, and used the chamfer tool to create a new border inside the box. Then I deleted the inner polygons on the top and the bottom, and I created new ones to be parallell with the outside edges, this then gave me my window frame shape. The window wasn't yet finished so I used the slice tool at the top of the screen and cut of the excess parts of the traingular tubes I created. Then I simply put a thin longer box on the top and bottom to complete the window frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment