Finchingfield Guildhall

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Glass Walkway

For the glass walkway, I found it a nice shape to be able to make, I followed the shape of the base, it looked kind of like a conservatory to me, so I kept that in mind as well as the artist's impression images of what it will end up looking like. I like the way that it is so open and looks out onto the outside. This made it simple to create as there was mainly glass and only a few wooden frames to hold the glass in place.

I found the simple shape of the door handle quite easy to create too, this was simply because I used a cylinder and made one end thinner, and rotated the opposite end to make it curve, then extruded parts of the rotated end to make the part of the handle where it is attached to the door.




Below is a comparison between the model I have created and the artist's impression.



I think the texture of the brick wall could do with some work as the bricks seem an orange colour in the drawing and a dark colour in my render. This will be looked into at a later date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment