Finchingfield Guildhall

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Plaques inside Walkway

In the walkway, there are a few plaques on the wall with the noticeboard, this was simple to recreate these as I simply made the shapes that they are meant to be, and added the texture materials. This didn't take long.

 These look very good I feel, I think they look nice and realistic enough for a brief view of them when in the animation. I will modify the textures and make them less reflective and shiny to make them look more dated.


For this plaque, I made several attempts to give the effect of the text being engraved into the wood. This wasn't too difficult to learn, but any time I would try to subtract the text from the box, there would be edges that were created all over the place and would randomly subtract through the text into the corners of the base box. So again, I just simply used the texture again and I will also try to make this look more dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment